Installation of WombatDialer
WombatDialer is best installed on a separate server on its own, but it can also run on
the same server as Asterisk for smaller installations.
Automated installation using RPMs
If you run a RPM based Linux distro like CentOS, you can install WombatDialer automatically by issuing the following commands:
wget -P /etc/yum.repos.d http://yum.loway.ch/loway.repo
yum install wombat
Follow the on-screen instructions for initial database installation.
When done, connect to http://myserver.address:8080/wombat; you can login using as user demoadmin password demo.
In order to install WombatDialer, you need a working servlet container and a MySQL server. A recent version of
Apache Tomcat will do. Download the latest version of WombatDialer as a .tar.gz
- Unpack the file in your servlet containers's webapps directory and rename the folder to "wombat"
- Download the MySQL Connector/J jar file and add it under the WEB-INF/lib/ folder
- Restart your servlet container
- When done, connect to http://myserver.address:8080/wombat - you will be asked for the MySQL root password to
create a local database
- When done, login using as user demoadmin password demo.
The first thing you need to do is to have a look at the User Manual
- WombatDialer is a powerful product, but you need to understand its core concepts in
order to use it effectively.
WombatDialer comes with a free 2-channel license that you are free to use as you
wish - no strings attached.
You can then purchase additional channels
you need them - though the best way to run a meaningful test is to request
a free demo key
to unlock the full potential of WombatDialer for 30 days.
To get help on your shiny new WombatDialer, you may want to visit our forums